The Haskell Free Library & Opera House is seeking a part-time French Language Services Coordinator (20 hours per week). Under the supervision of the Librarian, the French Services Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining the French collection, as well as the French programming at the Haskell Free Library.
· Develops and maintains the French language collection in collaboration with the librarian, including books, DVDs and periodicals, within the given budget.
· Serves as liaison for the Réseau Biblio de l’Estrie.
· Manages the French Collection rotation from the Réseau Biblio de l’Estrie every 4 months.
· Processes Interlibrary Loan requests and returns daily for the Réseau Biblio de l’Estrie.
· Provides monthly and annual statistics reports from the Réseau Biblio de l’Estrie.
· Develops and coordinates French programs and displays.
· Works with volunteers and seasonal employees, providing training and support for library procedures.
· Performs routine library services as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Diploma of collegial studies or equivalent.
· Minimum of two (2) years clerical experience, preferably in a library.
· Fluent French (written and spoken); Bilingual English/French (spoken).
· Requires a current knowledge of library resources, literature, and information resources.
· Has good customer service and public relations skills.
· Works in a pleasant and effective manner with visitors, library members, and co-workers.
· Is able to work with a minimum of supervision individually as well as with others and regularly takes personal initiative to execute work responsibilities.
· Has a working knowledge of computers, and automated search methods.
· Experience in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.).
· Is willing to learn to use the various information access methods available in a contemporary public library within a reasonable length of time in order to attain a high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
· Is able to perform work under typical library conditions; the noise level is moderate.
· Is able to exert light physical effort. Work may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 25 pounds).
· Some evening and weekend work is required.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]
The pride of Stanstead, Quebec, and Derby Line, Vermont, the Haskell Free Library & Opera House was constructed deliberately astride the boundary line separating Canada from the United States. Founded in 1901, it supports the cultural needs of the community on both sides of the Canada-U.S. border, both English and French, through access to information, reading material, a broad range of library services and programming as well as the visual and performing arts. As a heritage building and as a cultural centre, the Haskell plays a critical role in enriching the lives of its members and the community.
—posted on February 11th, 2019