Manchester Community Library is looking for an Information Technology & Instructional Librarian. The right person will embrace our diverse community and will possess the organizational, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills along with the knowledge necessary to serve as the authority on technology and digital services. This individual is responsible for providing reliable and responsive technology support to staff and patrons alike. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director and staff to develop and implement the Library’s technology training opportunities for youth and adults. This includes, offering classes, programs, and individual tech support for patrons. The Digital Technology Librarian will also develop, train, and lead a team of teen tech tutors. This position requires balancing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on providing exemplary customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Warm, engaged, collaborative, flexible, and enthusiastic disposition; open-minded and receptive to feedback.
- Successful in cultivating positive, collaborative working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, coworkers, Board members, patrons, and volunteers as part of a coordinated team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak compellingly about the Library’s mission.
- Resourceful and self-directed; pro-active and adept at anticipating organizational needs; open to change and innovation and experienced in leading change.
- Data and outcomes driven.
- Adept at communicating complex IT jargon, translating instructions, and simplifying explanations to meet the needs of people of all ages in the use and understanding of technology.
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize competing demands while remaining calm, positive, and detail-oriented. Able to perform accurately in a fast-paced work environment, adapting and responding to shifting demands.
- Experience participating in the supervision, and performance management of support staff or volunteers.
- Rigorous standards for personal and professional integrity.
For a full job description and application information, visit www.mclvt.org.
– Posted January 29, 2020