Our remarkable librarian of the past 30 years is retiring and the Board of Directors is seeking a creative, energetic, community-oriented, small-town-loving individual to be our new favorite librarian.
The Baldwin is a small, rural library, open 26 hours per week (M-W-F), serving many towns in the Wells River area. It is deeply engaged in and supported by its community.
The librarian’s job at the Baldwin includes the customary duties, as well as:
- Collaborating with community groups and the local school
- Helping the public use library materials and technology, including formal and informal training
- Developing programs that appeal to a variety of ages and interests
- Developing outreach and other services that extend the library’s reach into the community
- Developing and organizing displays and exhibits
- Overseeing lending and return from our “Library of Things” (tools and equipment for outdoor sports, gardening/homesteading, camping, public events, etc.).
The ideal candidate is someone with a bachelor’s degree, experience working in a library, and management or supervisory experience. Most important, however, is the right attitude, instincts, energy and thoughtfulness to be a good fit as the new librarian for the Baldwin’s community.
Wage is based on experience. Benefits include paid federal holidays, and paid sick-days and vacation time.
If you’re interested and think you’d be a good fit, please email a resume and letter of interest describing why you’re the right person to be the Baldwin’s next librarian to Chip Conquest at email@example.com. The Board will begin to schedule interviews with qualified candidates starting on November 15, 2022.
– Posted 11/4/22