The Librarian’s major responsibility is collection management. This includes all phases of cataloging and processing adult materials including gifts. Additional responsibilities include recording monthly statistics, outreach programs (home delivery), and ordering supplies as needed. Shared responsibilities include: circulation desk duties, interlibrary loan requests, computer lab assistance, children’s room assistance and reference and reader’s advisory.
- Catalogs new acquisitions in automated system. Maintains catalog (eliminates weeded materials). Supervises volunteers who perform duties associated with catalog and preparation of new materials (covering etc.)
- Coordinates meeting space for community groups.
- Compiles statistics for adult programs and meetings monthly.
- Works circulation desk as needed, shelves and performs other duties of circulation desk
- Fills interlibrary loan requests when needed
- Organizes and oversees the home delivery outreach program. Keeps records of patrons served, calls patron for requests and supervises volunteer delivery of materials.
- Orders library supplies for book repair volunteers and other processing supplies from appropriate jobber.
- Supervises the DOL large print loan collection.
- Evaluates and orders the large print book purchases and books on CDs from appropriate jobber.
- Answers reference questions and gives reader’s advisory when appropriate.
- Assists public in computer lab and children’s room as needed
- Performs other duties as requested by Director.
- Librarian is supervised by Library Director
- Supervises aides and volunteers as directed by Library Director
- BA and DOL Certification (or working towards) with preferred background or experience in library or public service. He/she should have an interest in literature and other library resources.
- Must have friendly helpful attitude and be detail oriented.
- Must be computer literate
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills
- Must be a cooperative staff member who works well with volunteers and other staff
- Must be willing to attend workshops or continuing education classes in appropriate job related subjects
SEND A LETTER OF INTEREST TO COBLEIGHPL@GMAIL.COM AND SOMEONE WILL BE IN TOUCH AFTER JULY 27TH.
– Posted July 23, 2020