The Keene Public Library is seeking a library professional with experience in managing an Integrated Library System to join our Technical Services team as a Librarian II- Library Systems Administrator! This position also supports the City of Keene’s IT Department to provide technical support for the library computer systems and supports the Library’s website. The Keene Public Library is a cherished community resource for the City and one of New Hampshire’s foremost public libraries. The Library has an active and supportive Board of Trustees and community, as well as dedicated staff and volunteers, who all contribute to a stimulating and positive work environment!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the administrator and lead for the Library’s Sierra/Encore ILS including administration, data backup and retention, and the maintenance and monitoring of the application database.
- Coordinate with the Mason Library at Keene State College on all ILS improvements, planned maintenance, maintaining contracts, and resolving issues, concerns or questions regarding the shared catalog.
- Work with the City of Keene’s IT Department to deploy new hardware, software and updates.
- Lead the creation, organization and maintenance of library web pages.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field is required. A Master’s degree in Library Science is highly desired, but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of library software and circulation services. Strong technical skills including advanced knowledge of Sierra and proficiency with Postgre SQL and/or MS SQL.
- Knowledge of HTML, Drupal and the LC MARC format.
- The ability to lead people and teams through projects and special initiatives.
Pay and Benefits include:
- This 32 hour per week position offers a pay range of $30.60- $38.13 per hour.
- This position is benefit-eligible including health and dental insurances. Earned time is available after one year of employment.
If you are excited about working with a dedicated team of employees in a library where the focus is on learning, creativity, collaboration and community interaction, then apply today! Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your application. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, November 6, 2022 at midnight.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs.
Job Description: Librarian II- Library Systems Administrator
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
– Updated 10/17/22