The Cavendish Fletcher Community Library is seeking a full-time librarian/media/technology specialist with the dual responsibility of a community librarian (60%) and a certified school librarian (40%).
The Cavendish Library is a unique municipal library that operates as a library for the Town of Cavendish community and provides the Cavendish Town Elementary School with a certified librarian that will administer a program that is integrated with the Vermont Department of Education standards.
Cavendish is a small rural town with a population of 1,400 located on Route 131 twenty miles from Claremont, New Hampshire, and three miles from Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow, Vermont. The Cavendish Town Elementary is a K-6 school with 80 students and is attached to the library.
- Present a welcoming attitude to all patrons in a non-judgmental and respectful manner.
- Oversee all aspects of the library collection and operations.
- Increase public knowledge about and use of the library’s technology offerings.
- Plan programs and events that appeal to a wide range of community members.
- Teach formal library skills classes to K-6 students from the Cavendish Town Elementary School.
- Engage and motivate students to read for academic success, personal interest, and lifelong learning.
- Model the integration of technology in teaching and learning.
- Develop and maintain a collection of resources and programs appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the teaching styles and instructional strategies used with the school community and in accordance with district policy.
- Qualified candidates must hold or be eligible to hold a valid VT Educator License with Library Media Specialist (61) Endorsement.
- Background Check
- A minimum of two years of professional library experience.
- Grant Writing experience.
- $45K to $65K – Exempt Position – Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
- Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, State Pension, Health Insurance
Send Resume to Peggy Svec at email@example.com
– Posted 5/12/22