Converse Free Library in Lyme, New Hampshire, is seeking a friendly, service-oriented, and organized person to be our new Library Clerk! The essential job duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
· performing circulation desk operations
· greeting patrons in a friendly manner, answering telephone and emails in a professional and pleasant manner
· assisting staff with interlibrary loans
· accomplishing collection maintenance tasks (covering and repairing books, etc.)
· shelving and weeding newspapers and magazines; shelving books and other materials in numerical and alphabetical order
· providing general information about library services and the facility
· assisting in opening and closing the library, emptying book drops, updating bulletin boards, photocopying materials, and maintaining publicity materials
The qualifications we are seeking for this position are a high school diploma or the equivalent (required), and/or some college (preferred). Excellent approach to customer service towards patrons of all ages and backgrounds is essential, as is proficiency using a computer. Library experience required.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, including rotating Wednesday-evening and Saturday-morning shifts. The hourly wage starts at $12.00-$12.50 per hour. Benefits include sick time and vacation time. No insurance benefits are included. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone considering a career in public libraries.
A complete job description is available at http://lymenhlibrary.org/library-information-2/about-us/employment-opportunities/library-clerk/. (Please note that the embedded pdf is three pages long.)
Please send resume with letter of interest to:
Judith G. Russell, Library Director
—posted on April 15th, 2019