The Swanton Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic Library Clerk (part-time) to join our team of enthusiastic librarians!
Duties would entail attending to the circulation desk, participating in library programs and events, shelving and sorting books, and assisting in general library operations.
- Over 18.
- Have at least a high school diploma.
- Willing to spearhead the occasional workshop or event.
- Tech literate (we get a lot of computer questions).
- Courteous and proactive.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Interested in reading and learning (we are a library, after all).
- Be able to lift at least 25 lbs. (books are heavy).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience managing online calendars and event marketing.
- Willing to work with children.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, in addition to explicating how awesome you are, tell us a.) what would excite you about working at a library, and b.) a book that has had an impact on you in your life (we are a library, after all).