The Cobleigh Public Library is currently seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Library Director. We are looking to find an innovative leader for our inviting community center. Ideal candidates will collaborate with staff to provide programs, services, books & materials, and information to residents in the Lyndon area. We are looking for a friendly and tech savvy leader to help people of all ages make social and personal connections and ultimately develop a lifelong love of reading.
Summary of duties:
- Focus on programs and informational services, create community building opportunities, and provide outreach services
- Plan and collaborate with Board of Trustees to fulfill the mission of the Library
- Develop and maintain collections in cooperation with Children’s Librarian and Bookmobile staff
- Budget resources and write grants to supplement
- Hire staff and oversee development opportunities
- Coordinate public relations
- Masters Degree in Library Science and experience in library services preferred
- BA with experience in library services considered
- Willingness to earn certification as a public librarian in Vermont
- Literature background and/or public service experience
- Proficient with technology and the internet
- Effective leadership and communication skills
The Director role is a 40-hour/week position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical insurance and pension plan.
A December 2020 start date is anticipated due to the upcoming retirement of our current director. For more information and a complete job description, please contact CobleighTrustees@gmail.com. To apply, submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for at least 3 references. This position is open until filled, with a priority deadline of November 6, 2020.
The Cobleigh Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
– Posted October 17, 2020