The library in Francestown, New Hampshire is seeking an outgoing, organized, and enthusiastic person to fill the position of Library Director. Francestown is a friendly community of about 1,500 residents, located in the scenic Monadnock region approximately 12 miles from Peterborough. It is convenient to Concord, Manchester, and Nashua. The library building is located in a renovated historic building in the center of the town.
The Library Director is the front-line person in creating a welcoming environment for all ages. They are expected to be comfortable working closely with library patrons, town administrators, and the Board of Trustees.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and a service-oriented attitude are required.
The Director exercises judgment in making administrative decisions including personnel, public relations, collection development, budget management, program creation & implementation, and supervision. The director reports to the elected Board of Trustees and provides leadership to 2-3 part time staff and volunteers.
The Director serves as the spokesperson for the library to the community and represents the library in interactions with town officials.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree in Library Science or a related field is preferred.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the field or relevant experience judged by the Trustees and Selection Committee to be commensurate for this position.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency with technology are required.
• Strong proficiency with computers, library technology, internet, and social media.
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with the Board of Trustees, library staff, and the general public.
• Knowledge of management principles and public library administration including budgeting, organization, personnel, and public relations.
• Ability to supervise the Library’s collection development, including the selection and withdrawal of books, periodicals, audio-visual and electronic materials.
• The ability to multi-task and provide quality customer service is essential.
This is a 27 hour a week position with a pay rate of $18.96/hour.
For more information about the job please view the Library’s webpage: Town of Francestown, NH – Library – Employment – Director’s Job Description
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts (2 must be professional) to the Francestown Library Director Selection Committee at [email protected] Review of applications will begin March 29, 2019. Anticipated start date is June 1, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.
Francestown is an equal opportunity employer.
—posted on March 10th, 2019