The RK Kittay Library in Rupert, Vermont is seeking a Library Director. The Director Reports to the Board of Trustees and is 10 hours per week, not to exceed 40 per month. The pay rate is $15/hour.
- Selecting, purchasing and preparing books for circulation
- Plan and implement programs/events for all ages
- Recruit and train volunteers.
- Coordinate schedule for open hours
- Collecting monthly statistics
- Providing customer service
Skills must include:
- Basic knowledge of libraries and how they function
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Technology: assist patrons with devices, maintain library computers, update social media and website
- Ability to work within a budget
A college degree and related experience and knowledge of library functions or the willingness to pursue Vermont Public Library Certification.
Understanding the uniqueness and needs of the Rupert community is a must. Rupert is a town of 700 residents spread out over 44.6 square miles. The Library is currently open 7 hours a week with plans to resume 12 open hours soon. The candidate must be energetic, organized, and able to stoop, lift and carry up to 20 pounds
The above job description describes the general work to be performed; it is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of every responsibility and duties required.
If interested, please send letter of interest, resume and references to the Board President, Judy Zinn: email@example.com.
– Updated 11/9/21