The Director oversees and develops a current staff of six employees as well as numerous volunteers. The Director also coordinates community outreach efforts, ensures quality patron services, develops the library’s print, electronic, and non-traditional collections, and works with the Library Commissioners to plan and develop policy, and the Commissioners and Town Manager to develop the budget. A full position description can be found here.
- Master’s of Library Science plus two years of experience working in libraries OR a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years of experience working in libraries, preferably as a librarian or library director in a public or community library.
- Vermont Certificate of Librarianship strongly preferred.
- Experience working with the public.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems.
- Strong communication skills and computer skills.
- Enthusiasm for the role of public libraries as community hubs, centers of learning, and transformative institutions.
The position includes a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Salary range: $48,000 – $63,000
Waterbury, Vermont is town of just over 5000 situated between Burlington, Montpelier, Stowe, and the Mad River Valley. The Library enjoys broad community support and collaborates with other town entities. An overview of all that Waterbury has to offer can be found here.
If interested in applying, please send a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references to:
Library Commissioners Chair:
Christine Wulff, email@example.com
or mail paper copies to:
Christine Wulff c/o
Waterbury Public Library
28 North Main St., Suite 2
Waterbury, VT 05676