The Westfield Athenaeum, incorporated in 1864, is a treasured community resource prominently located in the heart of Westfield, MA on the “Green.” We are seeking a Director to lead our much-loved Athenaeum into its 3rd century of outstanding service. This is a high visibility position reporting to the Board of Directors.
The Athenaeum offers a wide range of services for children, seniors, teens and the homebound both virtually and in an ‘accessible to all’ facility. The Director will build on our multi-phase facility renovation, technology upgrades and expansion of patron services.
- Oversee all library operations including:
- 25 employees (both full and part time) and volunteers.
- an annual budget of ~$1.6M, monitor and approve expenditures, and maintain up-to-date records and reports including those required by the Athenaeum Board of Trustees, the state of MA, and annual audits.
- meeting or adjusting the long-range plan initiatives to meet Athenaeum goals of being a community hub
- maintenance of the historic buildings and grounds; repairs and renovation.
- Work collaboratively with the Athenaeum Board of Directors on long-range and strategic planning, policy development, and budgetary planning.
- Engage in community outreach support fund raising/capital campaign efforts, attend Board meetings and participate in the C/WMARS network.
- Foster a collaborative, high performance team and a positive work environment.
- Develop and lead dynamic programming supporting the needs of the community. Continuously improve offerings; increase access for all patrons.
- Actively market and promote the Athenaeum’s services, programs, and resources.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science.
- 7+ years of administrative leadership within a comparable organization.
- Significant fiscal management experience with demonstrated effectiveness in securing external funding preferred.
- Experience maintaining an historic building, grounds and restoration initiatives.
The Director role is a salaried position. Compensation is commensurate with experience, qualifications.
Candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and samples of applicable work products, results, accomplishments.
Send application materials to: Director Search, Attn: Board of Directors, Westfield Athenaeum, 6 Elm St., Westfield MA 01085 or email email@example.com
– Posted September 22, 2020