The Woodbury Community Library (WCL) is seeking a friendly, collaborative, booklover to serve as the primary staff person and director of the library. If you like people of all ages, enjoy working with children in an informal educational setting, and like learning new things, you might be the right person for this position!
This is a part time job (8 to 18 hours per week, COVID-19 dependent). The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy reading and talking about books
- Have computer skills and feel comfortable assisting patrons with technology questions
- Be friendly and responsible with children who use the library after school—the Woodbury Elementary School is next door and on the same grounds as the WCL
- Demonstrate creative energy to design events and programs for people of all ages
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being a good listener
- Work in partnership with the school to best utilize the shared grounds and space
- Express a strong sense of community and ability to advocate for the library’s role in enhancing the town
- Commit to working with the Trustees on fundraising projects
- Possess basic knowledge of library administration and a willingness to learn
A bachelor’s degree is preferred but no formal library training is required. Working toward Public Library Certification is a an expectation for the successful candidate who does not already have library credentials.
Orientation will be provided as well as support during the learning process. Compensation will depend on experience and skills, ranging from $15.00 to $18.00 per hour.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, your resume, and a list of three references with contact information to email@example.com The deadline for applications is February 17, 2021.