Woodbury Community Library is seeking a friendly and collaborative individual to serve as the primary staff person and director of the library. The library director will be expected to uphold the threefold mission of Woodbury Community Library: to provide free public access to diverse library materials and programs intended to interest, inform, and enlighten our community; promote curiosity and inquiry, literacy and learning, and intellectual freedom for all; and to remain trusted and valued through the unbiased provision of library services.
This is a part time position of 10-20 hours per week and may include morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours. The director reports to the Library Board of Trustees.
- Supervision of library staff and volunteers
- Planning and implementation of library programs
- Delivery of circulation services
- Management of digital outreach
- Development of the library collection
- Maintenance of library technology
- Collaboration with community partners
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with previous experience working in a library. Possession of a Vermont Certificate of Public Librarianship or willingness to pursue a certificate is required.
- Knowledge of library policies and library procedures
- Familiarity with use and administration of Integrated Library Systems
- Strong customer service and communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Detail oriented, organized and able to set priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously
- Ability and desire to serve community members of all ages
- Ability to handle and resolve disruptive behavior effectively
- Possession of basic technical skills
Compensation depends on experience and skills, starting at $18.00 per hour with room for growth. A detailed job description is available upon request.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to woodburylibrarydirector@gmail.
– Posted 3/29/22