1.00 FTE K-8 Librarian for the 2020-2021 School Year
Hinesburg Community School is looking for a licensed Librarian to join our PreK-8 school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Anticipated opening: K-8 Librarian
The School is seeking a dynamic educator to join our school community as a Library Media Specialist. Preferred qualifications for this position include a master’s degree, a current Vermont Professional Educator’s license and endorsement as a Library Media Specialist.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• design, teach, and asses learning opportunities that include inquiry, critical thinking, and multiple literacies
• collaborate with other teachers as an instructional partner in learning opportunities
• model integration of technology in teaching and learning
• understand and promote the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property
• evaluate, promote, and use existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, connect the school with the global learning community, and provide equal access to library services
• create a resource-rich physical and virtual environment conducive to active and participatory learning
• research relevant and current professional practices.
• create and maintain a flexible teaching and learning environment that is inviting, safe and, conducive to student success
• manage resources and facilities for continuous improvement of the library program
Please apply online to www.schoolspring.com and include a cover letter, resume, proof of certification, transcripts and three current letters of reference.
– Posted April 2, 2020