The Saint Francis Xavier School Library is in need of a librarian who will also teach grades 3-5 Digital Learning classes.
Appropriate Vermont state certification as a school librarian (complete or in process)
- Empowers all members of the SFX learning community to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, curators and ethical users of information.
- Collaborates and co-teaches with classroom educators to establish learning objectives and assessment strategies to develop individual and group inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Champions equity, access and intellectual freedom for users within the physical space and beyond, including providing 24/7 access to the online library catalog; digital and audio books; and various information resources.
- Supports learners’ success by guiding them to read for understanding, breadth, and pleasure.
- Models and champions digital citizenship and safety and adherence to copyright and fair use requirements.
- Models and develops a commitment to respect equity, diversity and inclusion in collection development and within the learning community.
- Addresses broader educational issues with other educators in the building, at the diocesan level and at the professional association level.
- Develops and supports the school’s and the school library’s mission, strategic plan and policies.
- Manages the volunteers, budget and the physical and virtual spaces of the school library.
- Evaluates, introduces and models emerging technologies for the learning community, and uses technology tools to supplement school resources.
- Participates actively in the professional learning community for school librarians locally and beyond, building relationships with organizations and stakeholders.
Mr. Craig Hill — Principal
phone number: 802-655-2600
– Posted 7/13/21