Performs subject analysis and classification on a broad range and depth of materials. Materials analyzed include print, visual, audio and digital resources. Classification and subject headings assigned by the Cataloging Bibliographer are used to support approval plan profiling and order fulfillment. Creates metadata records at full level RDA standard to support the provision of products supplied by Library Technical Services to accompany purchased content.
- Assigns Library of Congress Subject Headings and appropriate sub-headings following SCM and LCSH rules.
- Assigns Library of Congress Classification and cutter numbers following LCC and CSM instructions.
- Assigns Dewey Decimal Classification using the full current edition.
- Assigns Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and appropriate sub-heading strings.
- Assigns National Library of Medicine classification.
- Assigns Canadian literature, history and KF modified classification as appropriate.
- Assigns library-specific cuttering and shelflisting as required.
- Creates full-level cataloging in MARC (or other metadata format) following RDA and Library of Congress-Program for Cooperative Cataloging Policy Statements.
- Searches OCLC, LC catalog and authorities, and customer online catalogs as necessary.
- Upgrades LC CIP records and other less-than-full-level records.
– Posted January 11, 2020