Looking for an opportunity to tie into the national StoryCorps’ movement? Here are some resources to help Vermont libraries participate and share information about the StoryCorps’ National Day of Listening, November 27, 2009.
Libraries can visit http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/ to download the free Do-It-Yourself Instruction Guide with step-by-step interview instructions, equipment recommendations and great questions.
There are several other ways libraries can get involved in the National Day of Listening. Distribute StoryCorps’ Do-It-Yourself Instruction Guide at the library, and encourage patrons to conduct their own Do-It-Yourself recordings with a loved one on the day after Thanksgiving.
- Provide recording equipment and a quiet recording space for people to record National Day of Listening interviews at the library.
- Download StoryCorps’ Community Service Toolkit and host a National Day of Listening event using the event guide.
- Utilize StoryCorps’ online support materials, such as web banners, logos, customizable web text and Facebook fan button.
- Post the National Day of Listening flyer included in the Community Service Toolkit on the community bulletin board.
- Incorporate StoryCorps Education Toolkit into the library’s existing education programs.
- Recommend Listening Is an Act of Love as a book club selection for the month of November.
If you need other information or resources, the StoryCorps representative is
80 Hanson Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Information posted on behalf of COSLA, Chief Officers of State Library Agencies by
Vermont Department of Libraries