Essex Free Library in Essex, Vermont seeks applications from library assistants to cover occasional shifts including Saturdays on our busy children and adult circulation desks. Do you feel energized by helping library patrons? Do you love assisting people with technology? Are you a super dependable person who is available for flexible substitute hours? Public library experience and experience with children is preferred. Must possess strong customer service skills and computer skills. Starting rate of pay is $16 per hour. Applications can be submitted online at: https://essexvt.bamboohr.com/
The Town of Essex is an equal opportunity employer.
– Posted 12/13/21
Join the River Valley Community College (RVCC) team!
RVCC is a student-focused, close-knit college that serves students in western New Hampshire and Vermont. Full-time employees at River Valley Community College have access to a generous and comprehensive employee benefits program which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as retirement plan options, and much more. The Puksta Library is located on the Claremont campus and is close to Hanover, Lake Sunapee, and several ski resorts.
The Library Associate position is customer-oriented and oversees the Library’s day-to-day operations in the absence of the Director. Duties include supervision, staffing the front desk, processing materials, interlibrary loan, and answering technology questions.
Learn more about this position on RVCC’s website- https://www.rivervalley.edu/about/working-at-rvcc/
– Posted 12/2/21
Under general direction of the Circulation Manager, the Evening/Weekend Supervisor is responsible for providing quality and consistent customer and circulation services, for supervising, monitoring and training work study students, for communicating effectively with day shift, the activities during the evening shifts, for building security, and for assisting with various other projects.
This is a part-time position, every other week, 30 weeks per academic year (Fri 4-7pm, Sat 11am-5pm, Sun 1-4pm)
Full COVID vaccination is required for all on-campus employment.
- Responsible for the customer service and circulation activities at the library services desk.
- Provides continuous training and supervises students at the library services desk; relays shift changes and student performance issues to the Circulation Manager.
- Monitor the library during evening and weekend hours of operation.
- Recommend changes or additions to library policies and procedures if necessary.
- Provide basic reference (information about the library and its services) and equipment support.
- Closes and secures building following Closing Procedures and relays any issues to Public Safety and the Circulation Manager.
- Communicates with colleagues, employees, students, and others in a respectful and clear manner.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- A completed bachelor’s degree; additional years of directly related experience and course work beyond high school may be substituted for degree.
- Supervisory skills preferred.
- Customer service skills.
- General knowledge of computer systems and programs including word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a positive education and work environment that recognizes and respects the dignity of all students, faculty and staff. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring immigration sponsorship, including but not limited to non-immigrant visas such as H1B, STEM, or F1, now or in the future. A post offer, pre-employment background check will be required of the successful candidate.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application: https://norwich.interviewexchange.com
– Posted 11/14/21
Exeter, NH Open Position (PT with possibility of FT): Exeter Public Library seeks an individual dedicated to enthusiastically serving people of all ages as a part time Library Assistant with our Adult Services Department. The Library Assistant must be over the age of 18, have a BA or a BS from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of one (1) year experience working with the public. The Library Assistant must understand and be able to use the Dewey Decimal Classification for shelving and circulation, be able to use a computer and pertinent programs, work at a desk thirty-two (32) to thirty-six (36) inches high, carry armloads of books, and reach all shelves with or without the aide of a stepstool. Some night and weekend availability required. Pay range begins at $17.50 – $18.00 depending on experience. Contact: Library Director Hope Godino at email@example.com with resume and cover letter, or for further information. Accepting only emailed applications. Exeter Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
– Posted 11/8/21
The Kellogg-Hubbard Library in Montpelier, VT seeks an Assistant Circulation Librarian to work on the Circulation desks in our busy Library. Librarians are the most public face of our Library and need to effectively juggle working in a busy environment while handling all aspects of circulation desk procedures. This position is scheduled for 17.75 hours per week, working the following schedule: Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm, Thursdays from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm, Fridays from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm and Saturdays from 11:00 – 1:15. The ideal candidate must have two years of college, or equivalent combination of education and experience and library or library-related experience is preferred. This position pays a starting wage of $17.02 per hour, includes some benefits, and is part of the library’s collective bargaining unit. See our website for the complete job description.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled.
– Posted 10/19/21
Salary: $14.00 Hourly
Location:75 Hunt St., Fairfax, VT
The Fairfax Community Library in Fairfax, Vermont, is seeking a part-time library circulation assistant. General purpose would be serving public patrons by phone and in person at the main desk at the Fairfax Community Library. The job includes assisting patrons in locating materials, using the library catalog, answering questions about technology and other services offered at the library such as interlibrary loan requests. Duties also include assisting other staff in general operation of the library, shelving materials, assisting with programs for children and adults, and other library and clerical duties. Flexibility for filling in as a substitute during additional hours preferred.
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com
– Posted 10/12/21
Pay range is $14.01-$17.25 per hour, 12.5 hours per week.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Audio Visual Assistant, under the supervision of the school librarian, oversees daily operations of scheduling and maintaining equipment for maximal use in instructional programs. The Audio Visual Assistant catalogues and processes all AV software and maintains the AV component of the library’s bibliographic database to insure indexes to audio-visual material.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective word processing skills; knowledge of technology applications; and basic skills in operation/maintenance of AV Equipment.
- Flexibility in dealing with multiple tasks, people, and material resources.
- Previous experience and/or ability working with children or adolescents.
- Experience and desire to learn library automation skills, cataloguing, other related skills.
- Commitment to the School District’s mission and Strategic Plan.
- Develops and administers circulation systems and storage areas for audio visual equipment, supplies, and educational software.
- Conducts and maintains AV equipment software, and materials inventory. Also recommends ordering consumables, and other needed equipment/software purchases to the librarian.
- Aids and instructs teachers and students in the operation of equipment; reports emerging trends to the librarian.
- Troubleshoots classroom equipment problems and provides or arranges for equipment repair, as needed.
- Marks and labels all new equipment with school name, inventory number, and/or department. Creates and maintains maintenance history sheets on each piece of equipment.
- Sets up videotaping schedule for satellite/cable programs requested by teachers. Ensures that the library complies with copyright laws when copying educational programming.
- Catalogues and processes new AV material in accordance with Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules II. Enters cataloguing data into library’s database.
- Supervises the operation of the library when the librarian is not present.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Librarian and/or Building Administrators.
After school supervision: Aide is responsible for keeping students safe and must be capable of strong classroom management skills. Must be able to aid students in basic research (using books and computers), finding books, and providing book recommendations.
The Waterbury Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, well-organized individual to provide stellar customer service to a diverse clientele 20 hours per week, including evening and Saturday hours. The ideal candidate will have strong clerical skills, comfort with working with the public and a love of books. Must have at least intermediate technology skills. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred. See ourfor full position description. Resume, references, cover letter to .
– Posted 8/17/21