The Vermont State College System (VSCS) is merging its four campus-based colleges & universities into a single accredited institution. As part of this merger, the current VSCS libraries will be consolidated into a single integrated digital-first library system that serves both the newly merged institution as well as the Community College of Vermont.
Under the general direction and oversight of the VSCS Library Director, the Assistant Director assists the Director in planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and participating in a balanced program of library services for the students, faculty, and administration of the VSCS System. Assist the Director of Libraries in developing the library as a resource for student success and achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates hours, staffing and scheduling for all library locations.
- Supervises staff and day-to-day operations.
- Develops and oversees policies, procedures, and operations.
- Develops and updates service policy statements as needed.
- Assists in developing and implementing library marketing and student engagement efforts.
- Consults with Library constituencies to improve Library collections and services.
- Develops policies and procedures for automated library information systems.
- Liaises with public safety and library staff to maintain safety of library environments.
- Communicates with library staff and facilities regarding maintenance and physical plant issues.
- Works with technical services to generate library reports and provide any required system maintenance.
- Coordinates projects among Librarians.
- Participates in Library reference and instruction programs.
- Assists in developing Library website, social media presence, and online instructional resource availability within Canvas or other LMS.
- Recommends materials and online services for purchase and implementation with collection development librarian.
- Coordinates Library signage, printing, and publications in conjunction with library staff for both online/in person materials.
- Serves on college committees, attends professional and other meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- May act on Library Director’s behalf when the Director is not available.
To learn more and apply online, visit: https://recruiting.ultipro.com
– Posted 9/25/21