Position Purpose: This position supervises all aspects of the circulation and reserve service areas of the Baker-Berry Library and works collaboratively with Research and Learning departments and other Dartmouth Libraries to support patron information needs. This role is expected to support staff through training, ensuring high quality service is provided to library users whether in person, on email or through virtual service. The supervisor may be assigned alternate schedules, including weekends.
- Develops and evaluates workflow at the Baker-Berry circulation and reserve desks and consults with other Access Services supervisors to coordinate shared services. (%20)
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the Information Access Assistants and the Access Services Student Supervisor positions. Schedules staff and students at Baker-Berry Library service points; works with other library access service points to ensure adequate coverage. May be assigned to supervise or staff other library access service points. (%20)
- Participates in all aspects of direct patron service. Triage and respond to information requests via email, phone and chat services (%20)
- Shares responsibility for overseeing building maintenance, security and emergency planning. (%10)
- Convenes regularly scheduled staff meetings to discuss workflow, procedural, or policy changes; provides training opportunities to ensure staff are proficient in a changing environment. (%10)
- Participates in the system-wide planning, testing, and implementation of circulation/reserve policies, procedures, and services; works with unit supervisors throughout the Library to ensure mutually effective procedures and policies that impact circulation/reserve operations. (%10)
- Participates on Dartmouth College Library committees and task forces representing circulation and reserve services. (%10)
- Bachelors plus 3-5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three years of library experience preferably in public service.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and communication skills.
- Superior skills in diplomacy, conflict-resolution and consensus-building.
- Experience using a library automated circulation system or the equivalent.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS
Salary Hiring Range: $43,600-54,500
– Posted 10/27/22