Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
Posted : May 17, 2022
Starting Date: July 1, 2022
- Maintain library space in a neat and orderly fashion
- Order library books to keep collection updated
- Coordinate Birthday Books program, including updating Amazon Wishlist and writing thank you notes to families
- Monitor library for checking in/out books
- Gain and maintain fluency in Destiny and Titlepeek
- Barcoding and cataloguing classroom texts
- Assist teachers/students re: books, materials and library skills
- Meet once weekly with Lower School classes (K-5) for read aloud, activities, introduction to new books, and library skills
- Assist teachers with special research projects when requested
- Coordinate and supervise library volunteers
- Prepare lessons for a substitute in the event of an absence
- Attend faculty meetings and meetings/workshops on scheduled teaching days
- Ready the library for summer admissions season within one week of the close of the current school year
- Consider implementing a book fair or author events
- Assist where needed with lunch and recess two days per week
- Substitute teacher as needed
Salary begins at $18.50/hour.
To apply for this position click here.
Position Type: Part-time (50%)
Positions Available: 1
Job Category : Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
Crossroads Academy is a K–8 independent coeducational day school located on a beautiful 140-acre campus in Lyme, New Hampshire. Our mission is to provide an academically challenging curriculum with a special emphasis on character education to enthusiastic students in a warm, nurturing environment. Our graduates have been accepted in the honors programs in local high schools as well as the best boarding schools in the region. They excel in academics and are known for their excellent citizenship, motivation, and strong study skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Crossroads Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
95 Dartmouth College Highway
Lyme, New Hampshire 03768
Email: click here
– Posted 5/26/22
The Cavendish Fletcher Community Library is seeking a full-time librarian/media/technology specialist with the dual responsibility of a community librarian (60%) and a certified school librarian (40%).
The Cavendish Library is a unique municipal library that operates as a library for the Town of Cavendish community and provides the Cavendish Town Elementary School with a certified librarian that will administer a program that is integrated with the Vermont Department of Education standards.
Cavendish is a small rural town with a population of 1,400 located on Route 131 twenty miles from Claremont, New Hampshire, and three miles from Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow, Vermont. The Cavendish Town Elementary is a K-6 school with 80 students and is attached to the library.
- Present a welcoming attitude to all patrons in a non-judgmental and respectful manner.
- Oversee all aspects of the library collection and operations.
- Increase public knowledge about and use of the library’s technology offerings.
- Plan programs and events that appeal to a wide range of community members.
- Teach formal library skills classes to K-6 students from the Cavendish Town Elementary School.
- Engage and motivate students to read for academic success, personal interest, and lifelong learning.
- Model the integration of technology in teaching and learning.
- Develop and maintain a collection of resources and programs appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the teaching styles and instructional strategies used with the school community and in accordance with district policy.
- Qualified candidates must hold or be eligible to hold a valid VT Educator License with Library Media Specialist (61) Endorsement.
- Background Check
- A minimum of two years of professional library experience.
- Grant Writing experience.
- $45K to $65K – Exempt Position – Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
- Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, State Pension, Health Insurance
Send Resume to Peggy Svec at email@example.com
– Posted 5/12/22
Slate Valley School District is seeking a full-time Library Media Specialist for the 2021-2022 school year at Fair Haven Grade School. Candidate must meet Vermont State Teacher Licensing requirements. For more information please contact Deb Infurna, Principal at 802-265-3883 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must apply on SchoolSpring.com
– Posted 8/28/21
The Saint Francis Xavier School Library is in need of a librarian who will also teach grades 3-5 Digital Learning classes.
Appropriate Vermont state certification as a school librarian (complete or in process)
- Empowers all members of the SFX learning community to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, curators and ethical users of information.
- Collaborates and co-teaches with classroom educators to establish learning objectives and assessment strategies to develop individual and group inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Champions equity, access and intellectual freedom for users within the physical space and beyond, including providing 24/7 access to the online library catalog; digital and audio books; and various information resources.
- Supports learners’ success by guiding them to read for understanding, breadth, and pleasure.
- Models and champions digital citizenship and safety and adherence to copyright and fair use requirements.
- Models and develops a commitment to respect equity, diversity and inclusion in collection development and within the learning community.
- Addresses broader educational issues with other educators in the building, at the diocesan level and at the professional association level.
- Develops and supports the school’s and the school library’s mission, strategic plan and policies.
- Manages the volunteers, budget and the physical and virtual spaces of the school library.
- Evaluates, introduces and models emerging technologies for the learning community, and uses technology tools to supplement school resources.
- Participates actively in the professional learning community for school librarians locally and beyond, building relationships with organizations and stakeholders.
Mr. Craig Hill — Principal
phone number: 802-655-2600
– Posted 7/13/21
Barre Town Middle and Elementary school is seeking a dynamic educator who is a licensed librarian/media specialist who can support students in developing literacy skills. The ideal librarian/media specialist will collaborate with teachers to promote curiosity, imagination, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to access information.
This assignment will begin in late October and end in the beginning of February.
– Posted 6/16/21
- Teach 30-40 minute weekly class in library/information literacy for grades K-6
- Maintain diverse collection of materials to serve needs of students and teachers
- Provide reader’s advisory services to staff and students
- Manage budget for library supplies and services
- Provide consultation to administrators regarding purchase of devices and software subscriptions
- Maintain Follett Destiny Library Online Catalog system
- Purchase and process new books
- Track circulation records and oversee return of books and replacement fees
- Maintain organization of collection
- Maintain cleanliness of library
- Provide support to teachers in use of technology for educational purposes
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of technological devices, including chromebooks, iPads, Smartboards, document cameras, projectors and mac laptops
- Collaborate with teachers to provide relevant lessons integrated with information literacy skills
- Provide AV support including filming, editing, website maintenance and video creation for school events
- Partner with literacy specialists to execute Books and Beyond reading incentive program
- Run all school literacy events including All School Read, Red Clover Award program, Golden Dome Award Program
- Assist with administration and tech support of SBAC testing
- Manage author visits
- Manage Scholastic Book Fair
- Provide professional development and training in use of digital tools
Apply online at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3516630
– Posted 5/9/21
Responsible for working collaboratively with school administration and staff to develop a library/media program that supports the curriculum, develops and maintains a media center collection rich in both print and non-print materials, and manages the media center as a flexible, multi-task learning environment. Library Media Specialist will provide leadership and expertise in the selection, acquisition, evaluation, and organization of information resources and technologies in all formats. The Library Media Specialist provides instruction for students in the school, teaching the skills necessary to access, evaluate, and use resources effectively and responsibly. Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience preferred. VT certification with Library Media Specialist endorsement or Statement of Eligibility required. Learn more and apply online at Schoolspring.com.
– Posted March 19, 2021
1.00 FTE K-8 Librarian for the 2020-2021 School Year
Hinesburg Community School is looking for a licensed Librarian to join our PreK-8 school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Anticipated opening: K-8 Librarian
The School is seeking a dynamic educator to join our school community as a Library Media Specialist. Preferred qualifications for this position include a master’s degree, a current Vermont Professional Educator’s license and endorsement as a Library Media Specialist.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• design, teach, and asses learning opportunities that include inquiry, critical thinking, and multiple literacies
• collaborate with other teachers as an instructional partner in learning opportunities
• model integration of technology in teaching and learning
• understand and promote the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property
• evaluate, promote, and use existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, connect the school with the global learning community, and provide equal access to library services
• create a resource-rich physical and virtual environment conducive to active and participatory learning
• research relevant and current professional practices.
• create and maintain a flexible teaching and learning environment that is inviting, safe and, conducive to student success
• manage resources and facilities for continuous improvement of the library program
Please apply online to www.schoolspring.com and include a cover letter, resume, proof of certification, transcripts and three current letters of reference.
– Posted April 2, 2020
The Sheldon Elementary School is immediately seeking a one-year Librarian to start on January 2, 2020 and finish out the 2019-2020 school year. Sheldon Elementary is a PreK-8 school with a robust library program serving all students. Details available on SchoolSpring.
– Posted December 13, 2019