Public library statistics are available for Vermont on this page. There’s no summary page, but here are a few statistics that might be interesting. Feel free to use the comment section to pull out your own noteworthy statistics.
- Vermont has 182 public libraries, the largest number of libraries per capita in the US.
- 174 of these libraries have Internet access; 160 of these have high speed access. Do the math, thatâ€™s 14 libraries with dial-up and eight with nothing.
- Half of the public librarians in the state have MLSes or the equivalent.
- 73% of Vermont library funding comes from local taxes; 27% comes from other local sources (grants, fundraising)
- Eleven public libraries filter internet access on all terminals (as opposed to some libraries that offer a childrenâ€™s filtered option)