After school supervision: Aide is responsible for keeping students safe and must be capable of strong classroom management skills. Must be able to aid students in basic research (using books and computers), finding books, and providing book recommendations.
The Saint Francis Xavier School Library is in need of a librarian who will also teach grades 3-5 Digital Learning classes.
Appropriate Vermont state certification as a school librarian (complete or in process)
- Empowers all members of the SFX learning community to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, curators and ethical users of information.
- Collaborates and co-teaches with classroom educators to establish learning objectives and assessment strategies to develop individual and group inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Champions equity, access and intellectual freedom for users within the physical space and beyond, including providing 24/7 access to the online library catalog; digital and audio books; and various information resources.
- Supports learners’ success by guiding them to read for understanding, breadth, and pleasure.
- Models and champions digital citizenship and safety and adherence to copyright and fair use requirements.
- Models and develops a commitment to respect equity, diversity and inclusion in collection development and within the learning community.
- Addresses broader educational issues with other educators in the building, at the diocesan level and at the professional association level.
- Develops and supports the school’s and the school library’s mission, strategic plan and policies.
- Manages the volunteers, budget and the physical and virtual spaces of the school library.
- Evaluates, introduces and models emerging technologies for the learning community, and uses technology tools to supplement school resources.
- Participates actively in the professional learning community for school librarians locally and beyond, building relationships with organizations and stakeholders.
Mr. Craig Hill — Principal
phone number: 802-655-2600
– Posted 7/13/21
Barre Town Middle and Elementary school is seeking a dynamic educator who is a licensed librarian/media specialist who can support students in developing literacy skills. The ideal librarian/media specialist will collaborate with teachers to promote curiosity, imagination, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to access information.
This assignment will begin in late October and end in the beginning of February.
– Posted 6/16/21