Dartmouth College Biomedical Libraries
Dartmouth College – Hanover, NH
Stephanie Kerns, Director of Biomedical Libraries
$28.85 – $33.17/hour
Library Technology Coordinator
The Biomedical Libraries at the Geisel School of Medicine and the Dartmouth Library invites applications for the position of Library Technology Coordinator. We are looking for an individual who is service-oriented, collaborative, and forward-thinking to join our team. Partnering with library staff and medical school faculty and staff, we support a learning environment that is innovative and supportive. The Geisel School of Medicine is currently undergoing a strategic planning process, strengthening educational programs, research initiatives, and clinical connections. Come join our team and be part of this progress.
Reporting to the Director of Biomedical Libraries, the Library Technology Coordinator is responsible for managing hardware, software, and the website for the Biomedical Libraries, ensuring that public and staff computing needs are met and that the website is maintained. They are also responsible for providing hardware and software training for library users and staff. The Biomedical Libraries support the Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, and Dartmouth Health and are part of the Dartmouth Library.
Application: Review of applications will begin May 6 and continue until the position is filled. For a full description and to apply online, please go to: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/62482
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
||Responsible for managing the public and staff computing needs at the Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries. Working in coordination with Biomedical librarians and staff, ensures the hardware, software, and web environments of the Biomedical Libraries meet the needs of the Geisel School of Medicine, the Department of Biological Sciences, the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice (TDI) and other programs, in support of research, scholarship, education, and patient care in the health and life sciences.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally and calmly when working with frustrated end-users.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with operating systems, mainstream productivity software, mobile devices, library and instructional technologies.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and to serving the technical support needs of a community with a wide-ranging technical skill set.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and manage time effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to lead workshops and meetings.
- Ability to teach groups how to use tools and to solve problems.
- Ability to build substantial personal knowledge based on research into computing questions and awareness of technology developments.
- Knowledge and experience with web content management systems (e.g., Drupal).
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team environments.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum four years of relevant experience in a computing environment.
- Proficiency with an integrated library system, preferably ExLibris Alma.
- Project management experience.
- Microsoft MCSA Windows 10 Certification and/or Apple Certified Mac Technician (AMCT).
- Experience with desktop computer system imaging, using tools such as Symantec Ghost.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, or AppleScript.
– Posted 4/20/22