Title: Research & Learning Librarian – STEM Position #: 1127633
Department: Research & Learning for STEM, Business & Economics FLSA: Exempt
Reports to: Head of Research & Learning for STEM, Business & Economics Date: June 2022
Provides research, education, and collections services to students, faculty, and researchers in STEM fields and related areas, with primary responsibility for earth sciences and environmental studies, energy, and climate systems. Develops, delivers, and assesses effective programs and services. Acts as liaison to the Earth Sciences and Environmental Studies departments, and as coordinator of library services for the research centers active in these areas, including the Irving Institute for Energy & Society, the Arctic Studies Institute, and the Faculty Cluster for Arctic Engineering. Works collaboratively in a highly interconnected institutional setting.
- Provides reference consultations and assistance in the discovery, access, and management of publications, data, and other information. Supports scientific research workflows from inception through publication and other forms of scholarly communication. Provides support in the use of specialized software, tools, and resources. 20%
- Develops, delivers, and assesses educational services in support of academic programs and research activity, both within the curriculum and in other settings. Plans and delivers a variety of offerings including workshops and orientations. Creates and maintains educational materials such as guides and multimedia tutorials. 20%
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with faculty, students (graduate and undergraduate), and academic staff in designated liaison departments. Leads outreach and communications efforts to researchers and academic directors in research centers in the interdisciplinary areas of energy and environment, climate, and arctic/polar studies, collaborating as appropriate with librarians across the system. 20%
- Develops knowledge of academic programs, research priorities, and information needs, and develops library services and promotes resources accordingly. 15%
- Develops, maintains, and assesses print and digital resources and collections in selected areas. 15%
- Participates in departmental planning, goal setting, and discussions related to activities and projects, policies, and improvements to services. Contributes to the work of groups or committees on library-wide initiatives and projects. 5%
- Actively engages in ongoing professional development. Stays current with trends in science and data librarianship; scholarly publishing and communication; educational technologies and pedagogy. Contributes to the profession through involvement in relevant national and regional professional associations. 5%
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other responsibilities as required.
- ALA-accredited degree in library and/or information science, or a combination of an advanced subject or professional degree combined with two or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with key information resources in one or more of the sciences; knowledgeable about scientific research and publication practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work flexibly and effectively in groups.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and complete projects.
- Demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for outreach and engagement.
- Academic background in one of the STEM fields.
- Knowledge of data science concepts and approaches in scientific research contexts.
- Experience with developing, delivering, and assessing effective programs and services.
- Experience and proficiency with effective teaching methods and practices.
URL to apply: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/64775
– Posted 8/17/22