The Cavendish Fletcher Community Library is seeking a full-time librarian/media/technology specialist with the dual responsibility of a community librarian (60%) and a certified school librarian (40%).
The Cavendish Library is a unique municipal library that operates as a library for the Town of Cavendish community and provides the Cavendish Town Elementary School with a certified librarian that will administer a program that is integrated with the Vermont Department of Education standards.
Cavendish is a small rural town with a population of 1,400 located on Route 131 twenty miles from Claremont, New Hampshire, and three miles from Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow, Vermont. The Cavendish Town Elementary is a K-6 school with 80 students and is attached to the library.
- Present a welcoming attitude to all patrons in a non-judgmental and respectful manner.
- Oversee all aspects of the library collection and operations.
- Increase public knowledge about and use of the library’s technology offerings.
- Plan programs and events that appeal to a wide range of community members.
- Teach formal library skills classes to K-6 students from the Cavendish Town Elementary School.
- Engage and motivate students to read for academic success, personal interest, and lifelong learning.
- Model the integration of technology in teaching and learning.
- Develop and maintain a collection of resources and programs appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the teaching styles and instructional strategies used with the school community and in accordance with district policy.
- Qualified candidates must hold or be eligible to hold a valid VT Educator License with Library Media Specialist (61) Endorsement.
- Background Check
- A minimum of two years of professional library experience.
- Grant Writing experience.
- $45K to $65K – Exempt Position – Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
- Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, State Pension, Health Insurance
Send Resume to Peggy Svec at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Posted 5/12/22
Washington Central Unified Union School District is seeking an enthusiastic educator to fill a long-term substitute position in the U-32 Library during a teacher’s 4-6 week leave of absence from early February to mid-March 2022. Please note that during this time, there is a school vacation (2/21-3/1), and school will be closed. See here for more details and the job posting.
Please consider if you are retired or even if your license has expired: an emergency license can be applied for with the right candidate. Please reach out to others who might be interested – we will consider candidates with other educational certifications and experiences other than library/media.
A love of young people, a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and a collaborative approach are essential.
– Posted 1/18/22
1.00 FTE Design and Technology Teacher
The Champlain Valley School District is seeking a dynamic educator to join the Williston Central
School (WCS) community as a Design and Technology Teacher. Located in Chittenden
County, WCS is part of a progressive learning community of dedicated faculty and staff serving
approximately 700 students in 3rd through 8th grade. This position involves working with
students in grades 3-8 with a major emphasis on grades 5-8. Preferred qualifications for this
full-time position include a current Vermont Professional Educator’s license and endorsement in
Design and Technology Education or be eligible for licensure. Applicants with related
endorsements in the STEM field may also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Create a learning environment where all students feel safe and welcome, forming
authentic relationships of trust and respect.
- Create opportunities for students to design and apply concepts that support relevant and
authentic application of science, mathematics, technology and engineering.
- Have expertise and knowledge of emerging design and fabrication tools and machines;
robotics and coding; rudimentary circuitry; woodworking; computer assisted design;
construction engineering and design; and 3D design and printing.
- Have strong communication skills and knowledge of standards-based instruction.
- Collaborate well with colleagues to create integrated learning opportunities.
- Integrate STEM and Maker Movement practices into the Design and Technology
The position will begin July 1, 2021. A competitive salary and benefit package will be offered to
the successful candidate based upon qualifications, education, and experience.
CVSD is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that all of our students
achieve our mission – which means we are also committed to developing a faculty and staff that
represents the inclusive, welcoming environment we seek to develop for students and families.
We seek applicants with diverse experiences who share this commitment and strongly
encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, and LGBTQ
candidates to apply.
Interested candidates shall apply online to www.schoolspring.com with a letter of interest,
resume, proof of licensure and three current letters of reference. Paper applications will not be
accepted. Open until filled.
– Posted 7/20/21
The Saint Francis Xavier School Library is in need of a librarian who will also teach grades 3-5 Digital Learning classes.
Appropriate Vermont state certification as a school librarian (complete or in process)
- Empowers all members of the SFX learning community to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, curators and ethical users of information.
- Collaborates and co-teaches with classroom educators to establish learning objectives and assessment strategies to develop individual and group inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Champions equity, access and intellectual freedom for users within the physical space and beyond, including providing 24/7 access to the online library catalog; digital and audio books; and various information resources.
- Supports learners’ success by guiding them to read for understanding, breadth, and pleasure.
- Models and champions digital citizenship and safety and adherence to copyright and fair use requirements.
- Models and develops a commitment to respect equity, diversity and inclusion in collection development and within the learning community.
- Addresses broader educational issues with other educators in the building, at the diocesan level and at the professional association level.
- Develops and supports the school’s and the school library’s mission, strategic plan and policies.
- Manages the volunteers, budget and the physical and virtual spaces of the school library.
- Evaluates, introduces and models emerging technologies for the learning community, and uses technology tools to supplement school resources.
- Participates actively in the professional learning community for school librarians locally and beyond, building relationships with organizations and stakeholders.
Mr. Craig Hill — Principal
phone number: 802-655-2600
– Posted 7/13/21
Barre Town Middle and Elementary school is seeking a dynamic educator who is a licensed librarian/media specialist who can support students in developing literacy skills. The ideal librarian/media specialist will collaborate with teachers to promote curiosity, imagination, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to access information.
This assignment will begin in late October and end in the beginning of February.
– Posted 6/16/21
The Ottauquechee School in Hartford, VT seeks a dynamic and dedicated library media specialist. We are a PreK-5 school with an enrollment of just over 200 students and a highly collaborative culture. As a Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school, we believe that all students can achieve academic and social success given appropriate support. Our teachers infuse inquiry into all disciplines, provide compelling contexts to engage learners, build scholars’ capacity for higher order thinking, prioritize student-engaged assessment, and above all, model and foster a growth mindset.
Our library media specialist has a unique role in the school. In addition to teaching library as a related art to each class weekly, this person also coordinates our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) program. The STEAM program is a chance for students from both classes at each grade level to work together to solve design challenges in a hands-on way. In previous years, the STEAM program has focused on equity and the U.N. Sustainable Development goals.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in incorporating technology, problem-based learning, and information literacy into engaging instruction for elementary students. They will have exemplary student-centered classroom management skills, a strong and reflective teaching practice, and a commitment to collaboration with diverse colleagues.
The Ottauquechee School, in alignment with Hartford School District’s Anti-Racism Policy, believes that the educational experience of every student is enhanced through the professional contributions of representatives of various races, ethnicities, genders, physical abilities, ages and sexual orientations, and that a diverse and culturally competent faculty is essential in the creation of a rigorous learning environment free of bias and inequities.
Learn more and apply online at: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3543240
– Posted 6/4/21
- Teach 30-40 minute weekly class in library/information literacy for grades K-6
- Maintain diverse collection of materials to serve needs of students and teachers
- Provide reader’s advisory services to staff and students
- Manage budget for library supplies and services
- Provide consultation to administrators regarding purchase of devices and software subscriptions
- Maintain Follett Destiny Library Online Catalog system
- Purchase and process new books
- Track circulation records and oversee return of books and replacement fees
- Maintain organization of collection
- Maintain cleanliness of library
- Provide support to teachers in use of technology for educational purposes
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of technological devices, including chromebooks, iPads, Smartboards, document cameras, projectors and mac laptops
- Collaborate with teachers to provide relevant lessons integrated with information literacy skills
- Provide AV support including filming, editing, website maintenance and video creation for school events
- Partner with literacy specialists to execute Books and Beyond reading incentive program
- Run all school literacy events including All School Read, Red Clover Award program, Golden Dome Award Program
- Assist with administration and tech support of SBAC testing
- Manage author visits
- Manage Scholastic Book Fair
- Provide professional development and training in use of digital tools
Apply online at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3516630
– Posted 5/9/21
Responsible for working collaboratively with school administration and staff to develop a library/media program that supports the curriculum, develops and maintains a media center collection rich in both print and non-print materials, and manages the media center as a flexible, multi-task learning environment. Library Media Specialist will provide leadership and expertise in the selection, acquisition, evaluation, and organization of information resources and technologies in all formats. The Library Media Specialist provides instruction for students in the school, teaching the skills necessary to access, evaluate, and use resources effectively and responsibly. Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience preferred. VT certification with Library Media Specialist endorsement or Statement of Eligibility required. Learn more and apply online at Schoolspring.com.
– Posted March 19, 2021
South Burlington School District is looking for a full-time Library Media Technician.
Job Summary: Works under the general direction of the Library Media Information Specialist. Assists users in accessing library materials such as: books, audio/video materials, databases, and equipment. Compiles records, sorts and shelves books and reading materials; check materials in/out, repairs damaged materials, and answers questions. Assists with simple technology issues in the classrooms.
For full details and to apply online visit: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3179770
– Posted September 27, 2019