Brandon Free Public Library, an independent, 501(C)(3) non-profit library is seeking an energetic, community oriented individual with the ability to interact both positively and creatively with patrons, staff, and in the completion of daily tasks, as well as comfort with established and emerging technology.
This is a part-time circulation/outreach position, approximately 15 hours per week, starting immediately. The rate of pay is $15.00 per hour. This is a permanent, part-time position.
The position requires Tuesday evenings and Saturday hours plus additional scheduling. The specific hours worked will be based on community needs and may change periodically as those needs change. The person in this position will provide in-person, direct-service work in the library and out in the community. This is not a remote position.
- Develop outreach activities
- Serve as a community liaison
- Develop and implement annual summer reading program
- Library Staffing: assists patrons of all ages in every aspect of using the library, including
computer and device troubleshooting.
- Other duties will include shelving, programming preparation, other projects as assigned.
- User-centered public service philosophy
- Computer experience, which must include ability to work effectively with modern integrated library automation systems (training will be provided), MS Office Suite products (including Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Google Apps
- Ability to adapt to and use new technologies and software
- Flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills are a must
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team in a solutions-
Please note, the above job description describes the general nature, tasks, responsibilities, and level of work to be performed; it is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of every responsibility, duty, and skill required for the position.
This position requires bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying up to 50lbs. (books, computers, etc.), standing and sitting for extended periods.
This position requires access to reliable transportation as needed for community outreach.
Screening of applications starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Molly Kennedy, Director
Brandon Free Public Library
Brandon Free Public Library is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
– Posted November 13, 2020