Salary : $16.66 Hourly
Location: 235 College St. Burlington, VT
Serving patrons in a substitute capacity by phone, email, and in person, at the main, children’s and Help/Tech Center desks at the Fletcher Free Library. Ideal candidates would be able to cross-train to the different needs of all three desks. Hours are as needed and not guaranteed. Flexibility for last-minute and weekend availability preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet and respond to patron requests for information and materials and assistance at the Main Desk, Tech Center/Help Desk, and/or Children’s Desk.
- Direct patrons to appropriate places or to other library staff as needed to best meet the patron needs.
- Provide a variety of patron services using a fully integrated automated library system, including but not limited to; entering patron data, such as name and address, issuing and updating library cards, and charging library materials in-and-out.
- Searching the automated catalog to place holds; and process reserves and patron requests for information; renewing library books and materials for patrons in-house or over the telephone using ILS system.
- Use and help patrons with the OPAC as needed.
- Answer phone calls, phone requests, take and distribute messages.
- Perform ready reference as needed.
- Assist in shelving library materials – alphabetically or numerically – in stacks as needed.
- Prepare materials for circulation; i.e. put carts in order, check in.
- Report violations of library rules or other conduct effecting library security to supervisor.
- For Tech Center/Help Desk: provide basic tech support to patrons using computers, and guidance in use of the copier, fax, scanner, and printer in the Tech Center.
Read the full listing and apply online on our Government Jobs website.
– Posted 8/11/21