Sunday-Thursday 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm for the 2022 – 2023 Academic Year
Assist with a full range of paraprofessional / technical support tasks related to one or more primary library functions.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and process information related to the library functions using the VSC integrated library software system and the statewide library network utility.
- Perform processing of serials or periodicals in the automated library system; maintaining the collection and assisting users in locating and using periodicals and microforms.
- Provide a wide range of basic reference services to patrons, referring unusual problems or requests to senior librarians.
- Oversee or assist with circulation desk operations.
- Assist with the supervision of student assistants, including: interviewing, hiring, training and assigning work.
- Carry out a variety of special projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree plus two to four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Overall understanding of college library organization and systems, with a broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to the area(s) of specialization of the position. Relevant training/experience in use of computerized library information systems desirable.
- Ability to deal effectively with library patrons.
- Strong reading, writing, math, and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Good basic administrative, organizational and supervisory skills.
VSC Non- Bargaining Unit Grade: 9 FLSA: Non-Exempt Part-time, temporary Sunday-Thursday 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm for the 2022 – 2023 Academic Year
Primary work site: Randolph Campus
Applicants interested in applying must submit a Cover Letter and Resume.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled or by date specified. However, applications received after the initial screening will be considered at the discretion of the College. Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds.
Vermont Tech is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, ancestry, place of birth, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age or veteran status, or against a qualified individual with a disability, or any other person whose status is protected under local, state or federal laws. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
All full-time and some part-time positions are subject to a criminal background check. Any offer of employment is conditional upon successful completion of these checks.
– Posted 10/17/22