The Putney Public Library is seeking a temporary part time library assistant to work during our expanding open hours.
- Providing in-person library services to the public.
- Performing circulation, holds, shelving and interlibrary loan tasks.
- Assisting with occupancy management, cleaning of high touch surfaces, and other tasks that help to provide a safe environment for staff and patrons.
- Completion of VOSHA training (which will be provided)
- Maintaining COVID safety protocols including wearing a mask while in the presence of other staff and patrons.
- Prior library experience and/or experience working directly with the public, including children.
- Basic knowledge of library procedures, methods, and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills when interacting with patrons in-person or over the phone
Preference will be given to candidates that have experience with the KOHA integrated library system, especially the Catamount Library Consortium’s version.
This position’s schedule is:
- Saturdays from 9:45am-3pm
- Mondays from 9:45am-2pm
- Substitute hours as needed.
This position may expand to include Tuesdays and Thursdays and up to 18 hours per week.
Please apply even if you aren’t able to commit to all of these hours—we may choose to split this position into two depending on the applicant pool.
Compensation is $15/hour.
The Putney Library shall assure equal opportunity to all qualified applicants. The Town will not discriminate with respect to initial appointment, advancement, and general working conditions against any person regardless of their age, race, biological sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religious or political affiliation, or disabilities.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references to the library’s director, Emily Zervas by October 19th: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Posted October 10, 2020