Julien and Virginia Cornell Library
Vermont Law School South Royalton, Vermont
Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries (VCAL)
Cornell Library Reciprocal Borrowing Policy
1. QUALIFIED FACULTY BORROWERS: All faculty of participating Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries (VCAL) member institutions are eligible for borrowing privileges at The Vermont Law School Cornell Library.
2. VERIFICATION OF AFFILIATION: All candidates for reciprocal borrowing privileges must present a valid institutional ID. First time borrowers must stop in to the Library between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday to be entered into the system by a Library staff member.
3. MATERIALS SUBJECT TO RECIPROCAL BORROWING: Reciprocal borrowing is limited to a maximum of 50 books from the general circulating collections of the Cornell Library. All other materials, including audio-video items, Reserve materials, Reference books, and Periodicals are not covered under this agreement.
4. LOAN PERIOD: Participants may borrow an item for 28 days.
5. RENEWAL: Borrowers may renew materials up to three times as long as the item has not been requested by another patron.
6. RECALL: All materials borrowed are subject to recall by the Cornell Library when requested by a member of that Vermont Law School community. VCAL faculty members may not place a hold or recall on a book checked out to a Vermont Law School patron.
7. INTERLIBRARY LOAN: The Cornell Library will not process Interlibrary Loan requests for VCAL faculty members. These requests should be made through the faculty member’s own library.
8. OVERDUE ITEMS: Overdue notices are sent through e-mail.
9. LOST ITEMS: Items not returned are declared lost after 15 days and Library users will be billed for replacement charges as follows:
• There will be a replacement charge of $80.00 per item, or current cost of replacement.
• There will be a processing charge of $5.00 for any item returned. Other fees will be waived if the item is in good condition.
The home library of the delinquent borrower shall be ultimately held responsible for the payment of lost item fees if we cannot collect from the borrowing patron.
10. QUESTIONS: Please contact Michele LaRose, Access Services Librarian, at 802-831-1403
Adopted March 2009
Updated May 2012
(5/31/2012 –ml & cl)