Trustees & Friends Transform Libraries!
Annual statewide conference for Trustees and Librarians sponsored by the Vermont Library Trustees Association (VLTA) and the Vermont Department of Libraries (VLIB)
Saturday November 3, 2012
9:00 am-3:00 pm
The Red Schoolhouse, Vermont Technical College, Randolph, Vermont
9:00 – Registration – Coffee – informal networking
9:30 – Welcome – Vermont Department of Libraries and Vermont Library Trustees Association
10:00 – Keynote speaker: Sally Gardner Reed, Executive Director of United for Libraries (the ALA division for Trustees, Friends, Advocates (formerly ALTAFF). Return visit by popular demand!
10:45 – Break
11:00 – Breakout Sessions 1
- “We’ve got to stop meeting like this!”: Open Meeting Law and the 21st Century
- Advocacy for Friends – It isnot all about the money!
12:00 – Lunch/Networking
12:45 – Annual “Wait, Wait …” Quiz (and prizes!)
1:15 – Session 2: Money Issues for Trustees & Friends
- Best Practices & Audits – Receiving, Spending, & Tracking Monies for Trustees and Friends
2:00 – Break
2:15 – Breakout Sessions 2
- For Newer Library Trustees: Roles and Responsibilities
- For Experienced Library Trustees: Personnel Salary and Benefits Report Update
- For Library Friends: Working Effectively with your Library Trustees
Register Today! $24 for Vermont Library Association/VLTA members and $28 for non-members
To register, return the registration form with payment (Checks payable to: VERMONT LIBRARY ASSOCIATION. Mail payment and registration form to: Christine Friese, Department of Libraries, 109 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05609 by October 26. For more information, contact Christine Friese,802-828-2714, email@example.com.