The Cobleigh Library in Lyndonville, Vermont is seeking a full-time Youth Librarian. Position is full-time at 40 hours per week, with occasional Saturdays and one evening per week required. Position includes benefits: sick time, vacation, and health insurance through the Town of Lyndon, and a starting salary of $37,000 – $39,500, contingent upon qualifications and experience.
Work Hours: 40 hours a week. Including Saturdays and evenings as required.
Salary range: $37,000 – $39,500
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical and life insurance, as well as the option for vision and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and generous leave policies.
Preferred Qualifications: – Bachelor’s degree or an appropriate combination of education & experience with an emphasis on early childhood literacy. Successful applicants must either hold or plan to receive the Vermont Certificate of Public Librarianship within 2 years of hire date. Applications are being accepted through February 28th, 2023. Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to Bryn Hoffman at email@example.com
Reporting to the Library Director the Youth Librarian oversees all aspects of library services for children and teens, including administration, volunteers, programs, outreach, and collection management. This position also includes occasional main circulation desk duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOBS INCLUDE:
- Coordinate collection development, programming and other activities/services in the Children’s Room.
- Plan and orchestrate activities for Summer Reading
- Assist patrons using the library’s OPAC (TLC LS2) and provide public training in use of electronic resources when needed.
- Maintain knowledge of all Library procedures and services in order to provide assistance in other areas when needed.
- Design promotional materials for events using Canva, promote events on social media (FPF, FB)
- Provide reference services when needed for both children and adult patrons.
- Provide Library instruction for groups and individuals.
- Periodically inventory Children’s Library materials and assist with total Library inventories.
- Attend and participate in workshops, meetings, conferences, etc., as related to the Library and youth services in particular.
- Keep current on ideas, trends and innovations in the discipline and participate in continuing education when appropriate and possible.
- Community outreach to boost Library use and promote Library services, including working with area community organizations, schools, and daycares.
- Research grant opportunities for the Library and assist with grant writing.
- Provide programming and collection statistics to the director on an annual basis.
- Supervise volunteers in the Children’s Library.
- Monitor Children’s Library computer usage to ensure proper compliance with Library policies.
- Work with other staff members in developing ideas for Library promotion and innovating and improving services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Extensive knowledge of childhood development, early childhood literacy, and youth services.
- Ability to work well with patrons of all ages, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work well with other staff members and independently.
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled at navigating and troubleshooting technology
Please send the required documents including employment application, cover letter, and resume to: Cobleigh Library, PO Box 147, Lyndonville, VT 05851 or email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE
– Posted 1/23/23